12 Jaw Dropping Facts You Probably Never Knew About Man's Faithful Companion
Posted on 10 September 2015
If you are a dog lover the following facts are sure to keep you glued right until the end!
A study stated that dogs choose the direction they relieve themselves based on Earth’s magnetic field. The alignment of the body was by and large the north-south axis. So, next time they poop, you sure know what is comfy for your pooch.
The world’s smallest dog breed is the Chihuahua.
- 3 dogs survived the Titanic sinking, two Pomeranians and one Pekingese, out of the 12 canines on board, which included dogs, cats, chickens, birds and an unknown number of rats.
- Dogs only sweat through the pads of their feet. Thus, making it extremely important to invest in the right pair of shoes for dogs if you are planning on getting any.
- New born puppies spend 90% of their first week sleeping. They sleep around14 hours a day. Dogs can dream like humans too. Now don’t you think your pet deserves a comfortable pet bed for it to simply unwind and relax?
- Touch is the first sense a puppy begins to use. He is blind, deaf, and toothless at birth.
- The Norwegian Lundehund is the only dog that has six toes on each foot!
- Dogs can grasp over150 words and gestures, thus, making them smarter than the average 2 year old.
- Quite a few dogs are mildly allergic to scented shampoos. A mild shampoo when bathing is ideal to keep them fresh.
- Service dogs are trained to know exactly when they are on duty. For instance, when their harness is put on, they know they need to be on duty and as soon as it is removed, they become bouncy and peppy.
- Puppies have 28 teeth and normal adult dogs have 42.
- The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world.
Here’s hoping this article made you smile and feel good about your furry friend! If you have any interesting facts to share with us, feel free to drop in your comments in the comment section below.